Thursday, December 14, 2006

Junk Email

I'm tired of junk email. Please, do me a favor, and stop giving me good or bad luck, memorials of patriotism, virus warnings, blessings, pictures of pet owners scarring their pets psychologically, pills, lewdness, or e-cards.

Honestly, I don't get a "connection" with someone every time I receive email. I'm also smart enough to avoid suspicious mail, and my luck is doing just fine without you. I've never felt the hand of God upon me and don't expect to anytime soon. I don't need to be told what patriotism is about because I usually say whatever I feel and I've already volunteered myself to my country. I have had pets and while it's sometimes cute to put reindeer antlers on them, it's not enough so to put them on the internet too. I'm savvy enough to find pictures on the internet myself and I'm not old enough to need pills to enjoy them. I don't put much importance on other people telling me they recognize what time of year it is, or if I'm another year older. I'm not about to forget either of those until I'm at least 70 anyway.

There are too many people on the internet. Just like everywhere else in the world, the culture of rumor and gossip has taken over, and it's hard to just be on the internet without having everything else intrude upon it.

No comments: